“Bridge the World”
No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win
Purchase or payment of any kind will not increase your chances of winning. Void where prohibited.
U.S. law governs, including all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
Entry Period: The Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) will begin on August 1, 2018 and end at October 15, 2018 (“Entry Period”).
Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules, and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
Sponsor/Administrator: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by BCA Study Abroad, 50 Alpha Drive, Elizabethtown, PA, 17022. This sweepstakes may be advertised on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, but this sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
OPEN ONLY to students who are or will be enrolled in a U.S.-based two (2) or four (4) year college or university on or after October 15, 2018, while meeting other geographical Conditions of Entry (see Official Rules), and who are at least 18 years of age at time of Entry.
1. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, go to www.bcastudyabroad.org to fill out our online entry form from August 1 to October 15 (the “Entry Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Sweepstakes Entry period will be disqualified. You can only enter this sweepstakes by online entry. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt. All entries and requests become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. LIMIT ONE ENTRY PER PERSON: Multiple entries submitted by a single person during the Entry Period, whether from one email address or multiple email addresses shall render all of such person’s entries void and ineligible. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account of the email address at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
2. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY / ELIGIBILITY TO WIN: Entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor which are final. This sweepstakes is open only to individuals who meet ALL of the following qualifications: (i) legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia but excluding residents of Florida and New York; (ii) is at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry; and (iii) is or will be enrolled in a U.S.-based two (2) or four (4) year college or university on or after October 15, 2018. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and Administrator and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, their immediate families (including parents, children – whether step children or adoptive children or biological children – siblings, spouses and in-laws), and persons living in the same household (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation.
By participating in the sweepstakes, entrants: (i) agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements; (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters; and (iii) agree to and adhere to BCA’s Code of Conduct for studying abroad as well as those policies set forth by his/her home educational institution. Employees of sponsor and members of their immediate family (e.g., spouses, domestic partners, parents, children, siblings) are not eligible to win. Entries that are incomplete or corrupted are void and will not be eligible to win. An effort by an entrant to misrepresent himself or herself through the use of aliases or multiple email addresses will disqualify all entries of such individual. Sponsor and its agents reserve the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner. Failure to comply with these Official Rules as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor may result in disqualification from the sweepstakes. This sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
3. HOW TO WIN / PRIZES: Each grand prize winner must complete a BCA application and be accepted and enrolled in a Spring 2019 BCA study abroad program. Five (5) grand prize winners will be chosen and each will receive (i) $2,500 discount on a BCA study abroad program for the Spring 2019 semester.
By entering the Sweepstakes and submitting an entry, you grant Sponsor a royalty-free, non-exclusive irrevocable license to publish Your Submission in any and all mediums throughout the world and the universe. Sponsor shall determine the eligibility of Your Submission in their sole and absolute discretion. By entering the Contest and submitting an entry, you grant Sponsor a royalty-free, non-exclusive irrevocable license to share your entry on Facebook and to allow third parties to share Your Entry on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Sponsor may use Your Submission in connection with internal and external communications materials including but not limited to websites, advertising, and other promotional materials.
All entries must be received by published drawing dates listed below, 9 am EST. Incomplete entries, or those containing incorrect information, will be void. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Use of any automated system to submit entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all such entries as well as the Entrant. All entries become the property of Sponsor and may not be acknowledged or returned.
4. Prizes & Odds of Winning: No substitution or transfer of prizes will be permitted. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value in the event that the aforementioned prize is not available. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
5. Selection and Notification of Winners: The Grand Prize Winners will be selected in a series of random drawings from among all eligible entries received by the Sponsor, on the following pre-selected drawing dates during the Entry Period: August 15, September 1, September 15, October 1, October 15. The Grand Prize Winners will be notified by the Sponsor via telephone and/or by email. If a potential Grand Prize Winner cannot be reached within five (5) business days after the first attempt to notify him/her, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential Winner in his/her place at random from the remaining entries. Grand Prize winners must respond with a valid email address where required documents can be sent. Winners must respond to confirm receipt of notification of winning.
All other expenses not specifically mentioned herein, including without limitation, ground transportation, accommodations, tuition, program participation fees, personal expenses, and passport fees are the responsibility of the winner. If a Grand Prize winner is selected and is unable to participate in the corresponding BCA program, the selected Grand Prize winner will forfeit the discount, and another winner may be selected from among eligible entries received. No prize substitution, cash substitution, or assignment or transfer of prizes is permitted, except by Sponsor who may substitute a prize of equal or greater value if any portion of the advertised prize becomes unavailable. No more than the stated number of prizes shall be awarded. Any unused portions of a Grand Prize will be forfeited, will not be redeemable for cash, and may not
reduce the prize value awarded for tax purposes. All federal, state, local and other taxes, costs, and expenses regarding the use and acceptance of the Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
PRIZES ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE AND MAY NOT BE RESOLD. Unless expressly declined by the prize recipient, all prizes will be awarded, so long as there are a sufficient number of eligible entries.
6. PRIZE CONDITIONS: Except where prohibited, acceptance of the Grand Prize constitutes each winner’s consent and must accept the Grand Prize within fourteen (14) calendar days of receipt of written notification, or the Grand Prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. In Sponsor’s sole discretion: (i) if a prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to a potential winner; (ii) if a potential winner fails to complete and return the requisite documents within the specified time period; or (iii) if a potential prize winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, then such person shall be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected for the prize at issue.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and its respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies (collectively the “Released Parties”) shall not be responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any Entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Sponsor is not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, service providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in entries, selection announcement or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with this promotion. In the event Sponsor is not prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s or Administrator’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then Sponsor and Administrator shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
8. Other Terms & Conditions: CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an individual who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the phone number or email account associated with the entry or through which the entry was submitted. “Authorized account holder” shall be defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email account or phone number by the respective service provider. Selected winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry and to modify, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, action of entrants, or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes and, if the Sweepstakes is modified, terminated or suspended, at Sponsor’s discretion, select winners from those eligible, non-suspect entries. Winners further acknowledge that the Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Sweepstakes or any prize, including, but not limited to, its quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor and Administrator in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
11. Winners List Request: To request the names of the winners, please send a self-addressed, stamped business size envelope, by November 15, 2018.