BLOGGING FOR BCA
Share your stories, experiences and knowledge of life abroad as a BCA student or alumi! Inspire others to study abroad in your host country, volunteer abroad, participate in an internship, and/or connect to local communities. Once your writing has been approved by the BCA Marketing Team, it will be published to the BCA Blog and shared across multiple platforms.
- Blogs should be between 500 and 1,000 words
- Blogs must be your own, original writing
- Include 2-3 of your own images to accompany the blog (these can be embedded in your file or uploaded separately)
- 1 head shot or photo of yourself to accompany the author’s bio
Blog Topics & Ideas
- How did you connect to culture while abroad?
- Did you attend an internship while abroad?
- If so, tell us about this experience. How did you get involved? What do you do? Why did you apply to this internship? How did it affect your study abroad experience?
- Were you involved with any clubs or activities on your host campus?
- If so, tell us about this experience. How did you get involved? What do you do? Why did you choose to participate? How did it affect your study abroad experience?
- Did you volunteer while abroad?
- What did you learn from your volunteer experience? Why did you decide to volunteer? What advise would you give another study abroad student about volunteering abroad?
- If you’re a first generation student or first gen. study abroad student, how has studying abroad impacted your college experience?
- Why/How did you choose your program location?
- What is one obstacle you faced when you first arrived in country, and how did you overcome it?
- How has studying abroad helped you with your major/minor?
- Did you make the decision to study abroad with your parents or guardians?
- If so, what were key topics you discussed when making a decision on when and where to study abroad?
What to Expect After I Submit My Blog
Once your blog is submitted, BCA will review it. If selected, you will be contacted by the BCA Marketing Team with any edits and/or comments prior to the blog being published. Once published, we encourage you to share your work with friends and family on your personal social networks. BCA will also share your work with your home institution’s study abroad office. BCA is unable to provide payment for blogs, however, students who are studying abroad can apply for the BCA Storyteller Scholarship. If you have any questions, please email us.