Effective Date: July 26, 2018
PERSONAL INFORMATION DEFINED
Personal information means information that specifically identifies an individual person, such as name, mailing address, email address, phone number, or account number. It may also include other information about you, such as gender, date of birth, or other demographic information, or about your use of the Sites, such as IP address or cookies, if that other information is linked to your personal information.
YOUR RIGHTS TO ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to access personal information about you that we have collected through our Sites by sending a request for access to email@example.com. You can also request that we correct any such information by sending an email to the same address. To verify that the request is authentic, we may require that such request be sent from the email address associated with your personal information. While we will comply reasonably and promptly with your request, we may need to retain some of your information for our own recordkeeping or to fulfill a legal obligation.
HOW BCA COLLECTS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information that you provide to us. For example:
- If you complete our website form to contact us, we may ask you to provide your full name, email, school/university name, location of interest, program term, term year, and your major.
- If you apply for one of our study abroad programs, we may ask you to provide information such as your graduation year, expected degree, cumulative GPA, whether you receive financial aid, whether you are a first-generation college student, race, parent and guardian information, passport information, and health information.
- If you apply to work for BCA, we may ask you to provide more detailed and sensitive personal information required for compliance with our hiring and equal opportunity policies and practices.
We also collect some of your information automatically when you visit our Sites and any software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices. For example, our Sites collect your IP address and other online identifiers and record the pages that you visit and other information about your activity on the Sites.
Our Sites may contain links to other websites. Other websites’ collection of your information is governed by their own privacy policies.
HOW BCA USES PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your personal information to:
- Evaluate students’ applications;
- Support course registration;
- Enroll individuals in educational, research, wellness, and other programs;
- Perform administrative tasks;
- Evaluate applications for employment and maintain personnel files;
- Support our educational mission;
- Provide information about BCA offerings through phone and email campaigns; and
- Other similar uses.
We do not sell personal information to third parties. However, we may share your information with third parties and vendors under contract with us to perform the functions listed above. We may also share your personal information with other third parties:
- When the processing is in our legitimate business interests, subject to your interests and fundamental rights;
- To fulfill a legal obligation, including:
- in response to lawful requests or legal process, including in response to law enforcement requirements; or
- as part of a business transaction, sale or transfer, or bankruptcy proceeding;
- For protection of personal or public safety or to prevent illegal activities; or
We may also use anonymous or pseudonymous personal information for internal purposes, such as to track the effectiveness of and improve our courses, programs, and other offerings. We may also share anonymous or pseudonymous data with selected third parties.
HOW BCA PROTECTS PERSONAL INFORMATION
We employ reasonable security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information under our control. We take precautions to protect your information. Any information you provide to us will either be emailed directly to us or may be stored on a secure server by a trusted third party.
We use a trusted third party website and hosting provider to facilitate the running and management of our official website. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page. Our business meets high data protection and security standards and we are bound by contract to keep any information we process confidential. We do not rent, sell or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies.
The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment that is key and badge ID locked. Employee user accounts are secured with 2 factor authentication methods that are compartmentalized to the user only. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
We keep your personal information for as long as needed to fulfill the particular purpose for which it is collected. We may also retain your records if legally required or to fulfill a legitimate interest.
DATA TRANSFERS FROM EU TO US
If you provide personal information to us while located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you consent to the transfer of personal information to the United States, and potentially to other countries outside of the EEA. You understand that the current laws of countries outside of the EEA may not provide the same level of protection as the data protection laws of the EEA. Nonetheless, we will take all reasonable steps to protect your privacy in accordance with the applicable data protection laws.
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide any personal information to us.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call (717) 361-6600;
- Send mail to 50 Alpha Drive, Elizabethtown, PA 17022.