All BCA students enroll in the following courses:
- “Experience Senegal” Intensive Wolof course (3 US semester credit hours)
- Service-Learning Course
- Gambian History course through the University of The Gambia (UTG). Download the PDF of sample Gambian history courses on right of the screen.*
Students will also enroll in 1 – 2 elective courses at the University of The Gambia (UTG). Download the PDF of sample courses on right of the screen.*
*Course offerings are subject to change.
- Arts & Humanities: African Studies, Gender Studies, History, International Development, International Relations, Literature, Political Science, Religious Studies
- Sciences: Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Studies, Math, Physics
- Social Sciences: Sociology
- World Languages: Wolof
CREDITS / NUMBER OF COURSES
Students take between 4 and 5 courses on this program. Most courses are equivalent to 3 US semester credit hours. However, limited Biology and Chemistry courses are worth 2 US semester credit hours.
COURSE REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Students register for courses after their acceptance into the BCA The Gambia program. You will receive information on the course registration process after your acceptance into the program.