Vienna is located north of the Balkan Peninsula on the Danube River. With easy access to multiple areas of Europe, Vienna is the central hub of Southeast Europe for residents and travelers alike. Rich with art, music and architecture, Vienna is home to some of the best theaters, museums and architectural wonders. With a relaxing, artsy coffeehouse culture, Vienna has attractions for people with varying interests.
- Vienna’s first district has some of Europe’s most marveling architecture.
- Vienna is a gateway for North, South, East and West Europe.
- Vienna was separated into four occupied zones after World War II. There was a zone for France, the Soviet Union, the United Kingdom and the United States.
- Dr. Sigmund Freud founded psychoanalysis in Vienna.
- The oldest zoo in the world, Tiergarten Schönbrunn, is located on the grounds of Schönbrunn Palace in Vienna.
- Vienna is famous for certain cultural food dishes and desserts, such as Wiener Schnitzel.
- Vienna is a music city, and composers and musicians like Mozart and Beethoven left a lasting impression on the culture.
- The Red Bull energy drink was created in Austria by Dietrich Mateschitz.