As part of the HIS 205: Crossroads of Europe, you will visit local points of interest in Vienna. Some places may include:
- Karl Marx Hof: one of the best-known Gemeindebauten, or municipal tenement complexes, in Vienna, the visit provides an opportunity to look a the important role that Gemeindebauten’s have played in the architecture and culture of Vienna since the 1920s.
- Allgemeines Krankenhaus: the history of the Vienna General Hospital goes back more than three hundred years
- Heeresgeschichtliches Museum
- United Nations
- The Empirial Apatments
- Art History Museum / Natural Science Museum
- Fernwärme Wien
- Technisches Museum
- Schloss Belvedere
- Schloss Schönbrunn
In addition to visits within Vienna, the BCA program includes an educational excursion to:
- Bratislava, Slovakia: Take a day trip to neighboring Slovakia’s capital city, Bratislava, to help you better understand its relations with Vienna, both past and present.