Why BCA Trinidad?
- Located on the island of Trinidad — in the Lesser Antilles off the coast of Venezuela– BCA’s program in the city of St. Augustine features on-campus living, outstanding academics, and cultural immersion opportunities at the University of the West Indies (UWI).
- By far the most important university system in the English-speaking Caribbean, UWI has produced 18 heads of state, three Nobel Prize winners, and over 60 Rhodes scholars.
- Enjoy a vibrant multi-ethnic society that actively celebrates its diversity.
- Choose courses from a wide range of majors including psychology, business, international relations, history, political science, economics, dance, law, music, film studies and film production, theater, carnival studies, African and Asian studies, English, marine biology, zoology, microbiology, ecological biology, chemistry, math and much more!
- Discover the birthplace of calypso music and the steelpan.
- Take courses such as The History of Carnival in Trinidad which, together with courses in the Department of Festival Studies, gives hands-on experience of every aspect of Carnival (Spring semester is Carnival time in Trinidad).
- Explore! Join the UWI Hiking Club to experience the natural beauty of Trinidad –one of many student clubs on campus.
- Stay active with the UWI Sport and Physical Education Centre (SPEC) which offers sports programs in football, cricket, badminton, hockey, aerobics, volleyball, basketball and taekwondo and more.