The University of San Francisco Quito (USFQ) is a private, liberal arts university ranked in the top three of Ecuadorian universities by the Ecuadorian Council of Evaluation and Accreditation of High Education. While most of the professors are Ecuadorian, instructors come from all over the world including the United States, Europe, Asia and other countries in Latin America. Nearly 90 percent of the faculty have doctoral degrees and have studied and/or worked outside of Ecuador.
USFQ is divided in 16 academic colleges and institutes spread across three campuses across Ecuador (Cumbayá-Quito, Tiputini Biodiversity Station, and the Galápagos Islands):
- Colegio de Administración para el Desarrollo (CAD) – College of Business Administration
- Colegio de Agricultura, Alimentos y Nutrición (CAAN) – College of Agriculture, Foods and Nutrition
- Colegio de Arquitectura y Diseño Interior – College of Architecture and Interior Design
- Colegio de Artes Liberales – College of Liberal Arts
- Colegio de Ciencias Biológicas y Ambientales (COCIBA) – College of Biological and Environmental Sciences
- Colegio de Ciencias de la Salud – College of Health Science
- Colegio de Ciencias e Ingeniería El Politécnico – College of Sciences and Engineering – The Polytechnic
- Colegio de Comunicación y Artes Contemporáneas (COCOA) – College of Communication and Contemporary Arts
- Colegio de Hospitalidad, Arte Culinario y Turismo (CHAT) – College of Hospitality, Culinary Arts, and Tourism
- Colegio de Jurisprudencia – College of Jurisprudence
- Colegio de Musica (CoM) – College of Music
- Academia Regional de Redes CISCO-USFQ – Regional CISCO-USFQ Academy
- GAIAS – Galapagos Academic Institute for the Arts and Sciences
- Instituto Confucio – Confucius Institute
- Instituto de Enseñanza y Aprendizaje (IDEA) – Institute of Teaching and Learning
- Instituto de Lenguas Extranjeras (ILE) – Institute of Foreign Languages
USFQ is the only university in the world that owns a campus in the Galapagos Islands, and a campus in the Yasuni Biosphere Reserve (Tiputini Biodiversity Station), one of Earth’s most biodiverse areas.
- Four hundred students participate in the mandatory community service program every semester.
- The university offers approximately 1,500 different courses every semester.
- It receives no funding from the Ecuadorian government.
- The university has a dental and medical clinic that serves the local community.