Your journey to the “land closest to the sun” will take you to the country’s diverse geographical regions, including:
- Galapagos Islands:A five-day excursion to observe the amazing wildlife, learn about the islands’ natural and cultural history, and meet the people who live there.
- Otavalo: A visit to the indigenous town of Otavalo and its world-renowned artisan market.
- Various day trips: Sites such as the Quito Historical Center, the cloud forest and a hike around a volcanic lake.
- Papallacta Hot Springs: Hot springs in the Andes (over 11,000 feet).
Multi-day trip to:
- Amazon: Journey to the Amazon to experience its tremendous biodiversity, witness the impacts of oil extraction, and visit indigenous communities struggling to maintain their cultural identity and ancestral land rights. Video here.