Language of Instruction
- Fall Semester: Completion of three semesters of college-level Spanish (or equivalent) is required for students studying abroad in the fall semester.
- Spring Semester: Completion of four semesters of college-level Spanish (or equivalent) is required for students studying abroad in the spring semester.
- The language requirement is lower for the fall semester, because students are required to participate in BCA’s pre-semester intensive, 4-credit language course prior to starting classes.
Good for Majors
- Arts & Humanities: Communication, Interior Design, Graphic Design, Creative Writing, Film & Video, Dance, Theatre, History, Literature, Music, Translation
- Business & Communications: Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Marketing
- Pre-Professional Studies: Education, Hospitality Business Management, Tourism,
- Sciences: Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Ecology, Environmental Management, Math, Physics
- Engineering: Mechanical, Industrial, Environmental, Civic, Chemical, Electrical
- Social Sciences: Anthropology, Archaeology, Psychology, Sociology, International Relations, Political Science
Housing and Meals
Learn about Ecuador’s history, culture and current issues, and receive intensive language training with BCA’s four-credit, four-week pre-semester course “Ecuador: Language and Culture.” (Fall and year-long students only.) Spring term students take the one-credit, 12-contact hour pre-semester course “Ecuador: Culture and Justice.”
BCA students are required to obtain a visa for the stay in Ecuador. BCA provides guidance on this process and students should reference this information on their BCA online account as soon as they are accepted.