As you discuss ways to financially support your son or daughter’s decision to study abroad, you may want to determine if they are eligible for a study abroad scholarship. Below are a few resources for available undergraduate study abroad scholarships, as well as some additional information about finances.
BCA Study Abroad Scholarship Opportunities
BCA Study Abroad is committed to making study abroad experiences affordable for students. Therefore, we provide our students with these different scholarship opportunities:
- Semester Scholarship
- Summer Scholarship
- Bonner Scholarship
- Storyteller Scholarship
To learn more about these opportunities and how to apply, check out our BCA Scholarships page.
Other Available Study Abroad Grants and Scholarships
- College Board general scholarship search engine: Free online scholarship database.
- IIEPassport Study Abroad Funding: Free online database of study abroad scholarships, fellowships, and grants.
- Institute of International Education Freeman-Asia awards: Through the generosity of the Freeman Foundation, students interested in our Dalian and Chennai programs now have the opportunity to apply for one of these financial awards and be awarded up to $5,000 for their semester abroad, or $3,000 for their summer abroad! The application opens February 1, 2016 and the deadline is April 1, 2016. BCA students can use their award money towards the cost of their airfare, living and local transportation costs, books, etc.
- Studyabroad.com offers a list of study abroad scholarships.
Comprehensive Program Fees
BCA offers a wide variety of services and activities as part of our comprehensive fee, including the following:
- Meals or meal stipend
- Educational excursions
- On-site staff
- Volunteer and internship opportunities
- On-site group activities
- University services
- BCA courses taught by host institution’s professors and/or resident directors
- Academic advising
- Cultural and university orientation
- Intensive language training (where applicable)
- Academic transcript
2017-2018 Program Fees
The comprehensive fees for the academic year are listed below. Please keep in mind that if your home institution pays BCA directly, the program fees do not apply and you will simply follow your school’s tuition and fee policies.
|Fall 2017/Spring 2018* Semester Fees||2017-18* Full Academic Year Fees|
|Tuition||Room & Board||Total Semester Fee||Tuition||Room & Board||Total Academic Year Fee|
|*Spring 2018 fees are subject to change|
|One-month Vienna extension for the Marburg program||$2,741|
For summer study abroad program fees, please visit each program’s Dates & Fees page.
Upon acceptance into a BCA program, your student will need to pay a $250 confirmation fee through your online accepted application. This fee is non-refundable and reserves your child’s place in the program. The fee must be paid in order to access important pre-departure materials and forms.
Financing Study Abroad
Policies regarding financial aid and additional study abroad fees vary by campus, so we recommend that you contact your student contacts their study abroad advisor and financial aid office to determine your school’s policies.
If your college’s financial aid officer has questions or need assistance, we’d be happy to help! BCA works closely with more than 100 colleges and universities, so we may already know your school’s financial procedure. Please give us a call at 717-361-6600.
Invoices sent directly to students are due prior to departure. If you must defer payment until financial aid disbursement, please give us a call at 717-361-6600. You can pay by personal check, money order or cashier’s check. Please send all payments to:
BCA Study Abroad
50 Alpha Drive
Elizabethtown, PA 17022
Please note, BCA charges an administrative fee of $20 for any returned check. We will not release your academic transcripts until all fees (including any additional charges for damages or obligations to the overseas university) are paid in full.