Throughout the semester, BCA students travel together on educational excursions, that may include the following destinations:
- Berlin, Germany: Spend two days in this historic, trend-setting capital city.
- Bratislava, Slovakia: Take a day trip to neighboring Slovakia’s capital city, Bratislava, to help you better understand its relations with Vienna, both past and present.
- Salzburg, Austria: While traveling from Vienna to Marburg, you may stop at Salzburg, the birthplace of Mozart and setting for the film The Sound of Music. Located on the German border, this town has breathtaking views of the Eastern Alps as well as medieval and baroque buildings.
- Stadtallendorf, Germany: Here you visit the DIZ, a local museum on the former site of a Nazi forced labor camp. The DIZ is dedicated to preserving the memory of the victims of the Holocaust and educating about the crimes against humanity that were committed by the Nazi regime.
- Strasbourg, France: Spend two days exploring this historically and culturally rich city that directly borders Germany. This summer excursion includes a 45-kilometer bike ride through the French countryside.