Why BCA Marburg?
- Live and study in both Austria and Germany–get two study abroad experiences in one!
- Get free public transportation travel within the state of Hesse for the entire duration of your stay in Marburg. This means you can take a bus from your dorm in Marburg to the train station, hop a train to Frankfurt, take the subway to your favorite museum or concert house and back home – all for free. It’s included in your BCA program fees!
- Spend a semester or academic year in Marburg, a town of 80,000 with a student population of just over 25,000 – an ideal proportion for meeting other students!
- Live in Vienna, a World Heritage city that has consistently been ranked among the world’s top five cities for quality of living for the last 15 years, and has topped the list for four of the last six years.
- Visit other European sites on BCA excursions, such as Strasbourg (France), Bratislava (Slovakia), Berlin, and Salzburg (Austria).
- Enroll in BCA exclusive courses on history and cross-cultural skills (HIS 205), German as a foreign language (GER 312/315), German literature (LIT 332/335) and German-to-English translation (GER 310).
- Participate in a model United Nations (MUN) in Marburg and learn hands-on in a UN simulation about how countries work together to find peaceful resolutions to international problems and conflicts. The LahnMUN is the core of our SOC 370 course, which takes place every year in June.
- Attain a level of fluency in German that you can only dream of if you don’t study abroad. If you apply yourself, your German will improve by leaps and bounds on our immersion program.
- As Goethe said: Was immer du tun kannst oder erträumst zu können, beginne es jetzt! (Start working now on whatever it is you can do or dream of being able to do!)