- Loras College is located in Dubuque, Iowa, along the beautiful Mississippi River.
- Approximately 1600 students attend Loras, with a 12:1 student teacher ratio.
- 94% of faculty hold a Ph.D. or terminal degree in their field.
- Loras offers 40 undergraduate majors, minors and pre-professional areas of study.
- In 2012, 100% of incoming students received Loras scholarships or other financial assistance from a variety of sources, including grants, loans and work study.
- Was ranked 11th among Best Midwest Regional Colleges in the 2015 edition of “Best Colleges” by U.S. News Media Group.
- 98.7% of the Class of 2013 reported being employed or continuing their education(100% survey response rate).
- Over 80 intramural activities and more than 55 clubs and organizations exist on campus.
- There are 11 women’s varsity sports and 11 men’s varsity sports available; Loras is a Division III school, participating in the Iowa Intercollegiate Athletics Conference
- #8 Best College in Iowa according to MONEY magazine
MISSION, VISION & VALUES
Loras will excel in developing principled thinkers and caring professionals in the Catholic and liberal arts traditions.
Loras, as a Catholic liberal arts college, creates a community of active learners, reflective thinkers, ethical decision-makers, and responsible contributors in diverse professional, social, and religious roles.
- Active learners want to learn. They are curious about the world and seek to make sense of their experiences. Loras students demonstrate their ability to learn in active ways.
- Reflective thinkers display insight. They take into account their own dispositions and biases as they think creatively and critically. Loras students demonstrate their ability to think in a reflective manner.
- Ethical decision-makers discern religious, cultural and personal values in order to act with justice and compassion. Loras students demonstrate their ability to decide matters ethically.
- Responsible contributors to professions, societies and religious communities develop their talents and share them with others in ways that respect a global environment and are sensitive to cultural differences. Loras students demonstrate that they contribute in responsible ways.
Pro Deo et Patria, the motto of Loras College, succinctly states the purpose of the Loras College Community. We strive to fulfill the will of God by helping students become contributing citizens in the world and achieve their ultimate objective of unity with God. The Loras College community embraces core values that define the way we work, behave, and relate with others. Truth, Respect, Responsibility, Excellence and Service.