Why BCA Exeter & London?
- Explore the history of two significant English cities, Exeter and London, on this three-week, four credit summer study abroad program.
- Begin in Exeter where you will immerse yourself in what history means to the local people.
- Conclude in London, where you may get to watch the Queen arrive for the State Opening of Parliament, tour Westminster Abbey, see the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace, visit the National Gallery, explore Trafalgar Square and more!
- Through the BCA course, “Living with History: History, Culture and Contemporary Life in England,” you will not only read and see English history, but meet and talk with people who live with their history every day.
- Exeter is approximately 2,000 years old. Founded by the Romans, Exeter holds the historic title of “most besieged city in England.” About 70% of the ancient city wall remains. Today, Exeter is a dynamic, rapidly expanding city of approximately 120,000 people.
- London is one of the world’s most ethnically diverse cities. In the past, it was the center of the British Empire, which once controlled one-fourth of the world’s land surface. Presently, it serves as the capital of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. London is also home to the British royal family.
Why Attend an English History Summer Study Abroad Program?
- Attending a summer program enables you to earn academic credits and develop your language skills outside the school year.
- A BCA summer program gives you the opportunity to study abroad, even if it does not fit into your busy academic calendar.
- Studying abroad over the summer allows you to travel and explore other cultures, while not missing sports, clubs, performances, social events and more on your home campus.
- If you’re an athlete, a summer program may enable you to study abroad during off-season and not miss any pre-season training.
- A summer program may be a more affordable option for you than a full semester!
- The shorter time frame may be a better fit for non-traditional students, who cannot leave a job, their family or other obligations for an extended period of time.
- Or you can use our Exeter and London history summer study abroad program, as a launching point for another study abroad experience in a future term! BCA has two England semester and year long options (Cheltenham, England and London, England), as well as many other European program choices.