Why BCA Dunedin?
- Attend our Dunedin, New Zealand summer program and enroll in one course at the University of Otago, an institution that is ranked among the best universities in the world and enjoys an international reputation for the quality of its teaching and as a world leader in many academic fields.
- Learn about the cultural, social and political climate of contemporary New Zealand through the lenses of nonviolence movements in the one-credit BCA Signature course open only to BCA Dunedin students.
- Explore the local cultures of Dunedin, on the South Island of NZ, and Wellington, on the North Island, through activities and visits that are part of the BCA program.
- Hike, ski, kayak, surf — the outdoors are calling! With its white sand beaches, forest-clad hills, and volcanic formations, Dunedin is at the doorstep of amazing adventures.
Why Attend a New Zealand Summer Program?
- Attending a summer program enables you to earn academic credits and develop your language skills outside the school year.
- A BCA summer program gives you the opportunity to study abroad, even if it does not fit into your busy academic calendar.
- Studying abroad over the summer allows you to travel and explore other cultures, while not missing sports, clubs, performances, social events and more on your home campus.
- If you’re an athlete, a summer program may enable you to study abroad during off-season and not miss any pre-season training.
- A summer program may be a more affordable option for you than a full semester!
- The shorter time frame may be a better fit for non-traditional students, who cannot leave a job, their family or other obligations for an extended period of time.
- Or you can use the summer to check out New Zealand and then when you fall in love, return for our Dunedin, New Zealand semester or year program in a future term!