Dublin is the capital of Ireland and it’s known as one of the most fast-paced, youthful cities in Europe. Whether it’s Irish music, classical literature, lively pubs or famous theaters, Dublin has something for everyone. You can visit dozens of art galleries and museums, and enjoy the vibrant, cultural scene that makes Dublin a beautiful place to live and visit.
- Dublin is a UNESCO City of Literature — famous writers and playwrights have left their mark on Dublin, including William Butler Yeats, Seamus Heaney, Oscar Wilde and more.
- Many famous actors got their start in Dublin, including Colin Farrell and Gabriel Byrne.
- The Book of Kells, an early 8th century illuminated manuscript containing the four Gospels of the New Testament and generally considered the finest surviving illuminated manuscript to have been produced in medieval Europe, can be viewed at Trinity College, Dublin.
Just beyond the western edge of the city of Dublin is Maynooth, a small, historic town with a population of only 8,500 people. Serving as a university town, Maynooth is a traditional Irish village that remains full of character, culture and education. The Maynooth University campus is known for its sprawling green space and modern amenities, making it a peaceful, top-notch educational facility. With its close proximity to Dublin but the right amount of separation, Maynooth is a peaceful town for residents and visitors to make their home.
- Maynooth is only 35 minutes away from Dublin’s Connelly station with direct train service.
- The Maynooth University campus includes architecture from the 18th century, as well as modern research facilities.
- Maynooth is close to the exciting pub, music, dance, literary and theatre scene in Dublin.