As part of the BCA Dublin program at the University of Maynooth, there is a comprehensive schedule of cultural activities and excursions included in the program fee to ensure that you get a true taste of Irish culture.
Typical activities may include:
• Traditional Irish sports and music events
• Walking tours
• Traditional Irish music concerts
• Visits to cultural attractions
Excursions may be to locations such as:
- Cork: This one-night adventure brings you to the heart of Cork city, Ireland’s ‘second city’. You’ll stay in a hostel in the city center and have time to explore this youthful and cosmopolitan city. Your adventure includes a trip to Blarney Castle where you can ‘kiss the Blarney stone’ and be endowed (as legend has it) with the gift of the gab!
- Galway: This two-night adventure will take you to the heart of Galway city, one of Ireland’s liveliest cities. Stone-clad cafes, boutiques and art galleries line the winding lanes of the Latin Quarter, which retains
portions of the medieval city walls and you’ll spend the night in a hostel in the city center. Your other night will be spent in the beautiful landscape of Connemara, a beautiful, unspoiled landscape situated at the very edge of Europe. In addition we will visit the Cliffs of Moher, Ireland’s most visited natural attraction and the last stopping point before America.