Important Program Dates
- Fall: April 15
- Spring: October 1
- Fall Semester: Late August through mid-December
- Spring Semester: Mid-January through early-May or mid-June, depending on course selections
Fees & What’s Include
Policies regarding financial aid and additional study abroad fees vary by campus, so we recommend that you get in touch with your study abroad advisor or financial aid office to determine your school’s financial aid policies for study abroad.
BCA Study Abroad offers a wide variety of services and activities as part of our comprehensive fee, including:
- All meals with host family
- Educational excursions
- On-site resident director assistance
- Volunteer and internship opportunities
- On-site group activities
- Seminars and guest lectures
- University services
- BCA courses taught by host institution’s professors and/or resident directors
- Personal advising
- Cultural and university orientation
- Intensive language training (where appropriate)
- Academic transcript
The comprehensive fees for the academic year are listed below. Please keep in mind that every school has a different financial policy for study abroad. Your university may pay BCA for all fees listed below, they may only pay for tuition while you pay BCA directly for housing, or they may require you to pay BCA directly for tuition and housing. It’s important that you talk to your study abroad advisor and financial aid office to learn your school’s approach to financing BCA’s program and what your financial responsibility will be.
|Fall 2018 Term*||Academic Year 2018-2019*|
|Tuition & Fees||$13,426||Tuition & Fees||$25,510|
*Fees are subject to change.
Other costs not covered by the BCA fee above, for which you should budget include (which are approximate and subject to change):
- Application fee: $50
- Round trip international airfare to the program: approximately $950-1,200 from the East Coast (student should budget for round trip domestic flight as well if they do not live on the East Coast and choose the BCA group flight option, which leaves from the East Coast)
- U.S. Passport: $110 (student is responsible for any expenses incurred in order to obtain this document)
- Visa: $100 (student is responsible for any expenses incurred in order to obtain this document)
- Textbooks: $80 (approximate)
- Estimated personal expenses: $600 for the semester (including transportation, varies depending on student’s personal spending habits)
*Laundry services are provided by host family
*All independent travel expenses are incurred by the student and are not included in estimated personal expenses
Upon acceptance into a BCA program, you will be billed a $250 confirmation fee through the online system for accepted students. This fee is non-refundable and reserves your place in the program.
BCA offers a number of scholarships for students with financial need. See if you are eligible!
Financing Study Abroad
Policies regarding financial aid and additional study abroad fees vary by campus, so we recommend that you contact your study abroad advisor and financial aid office to determine your school’s policies.
At some schools, the federal grants and loans that you receive to study at your home campus can be applied to study abroad with BCA. Many U.S. colleges and universities will also allow you to use school-awarded scholarships in addition to federal grants. In those cases, it may mean that the cost to study abroad is about the same cost that you pay your home college or university in tuition, room and board. Again, you’ll want to check with your school’s financial aid office to confirm your study abroad expenses.
If your college’s financial aid officer has questions or need assistance, we’d be happy to help! BCA works closely with more than 100 colleges and universities, so we may already know your school’s financial procedure. Please feel free to address financial questions to BCA’s Chief Financial Officer at Finance@BCAStudyAbroad.org or 717-361-6602.
Fees billed to students directly are due prior to departure. If you must defer payment until financial aid disbursement, please contact Finance@BCAStudyAbroad.org. You can pay by personal check, money order or cashier’s check. Please send all payments to:
BCA Study Abroad
50 Alpha Drive
Elizabethtown, PA 17022
BCA charges an administrative fee of $20 for any returned check. We will not release your academic transcripts until all fees (including any additional charges for damages or obligations to the overseas university) are paid in full.