Rooted in the values of peace and social justice, BCA Study Abroad promotes international understanding, awareness of global citizenship, and academic scholarship through educational exchanges.
Now accepting applications for the following position in our central office, located in Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania.
Assistant Director of Health and Safety and Program Services
BCA Study Abroad is seeking a motivated, customer-service and detail-oriented person to join our program staff at BCA’s central office in Elizabethtown, PA, in the newly created position of Assistant Director of Health and Safety and Program Services. This position reports to the Director of Academic Affairs and is the key officer for health and safety issues. In addition to coordinating BCA’s health and safety policies and procedures, the Assistant Director is responsible for providing accepted students with pre-semester advising and pre-departure orientations, as well as assisting with the placements of international students as part of our mission to provide academic opportunities for international students who are enrolled at our host universities.
The duties of this position include the following:
- Review and update BCA health, safety and crisis protocols on a regular basis.
- Coordinate response to all health and safety incidents including communication with stakeholders and the recording of incident reports and actions taken.
- Coordinate BCA’s response to crises and collaborate with the BCA’s emergency travel assistance company, the Director of Academic Affairs and BCA Executive Director in shaping and implementing BCA’s emergency/crisis response plans.
- Communicate BCA’s health and safety protocols to students, their families, sending school administrators and academic advisors.
- Interface with all governmental agencies – Department of Homeland Security, Department of Justice and Department of State.
- Produce reports using relevant databases and analytics reflecting BCA performance and making comparisons with industry standards and leaders.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in international education, including immigration legislation, interpretation and practice, and recruitment trends through Open Doors.
- Be fully up-to-date on developments in the countries and regions where BCA programs are located; develop relationships with appropriate consulates and embassies.
- Provide pre-semester advising for semester program students, both academic and logistical, including pre-departure orientations and review of materials.
- Make final decisions on student acceptance into BCA semester programs.
- Maintain contact with student participants to resolve questions and respond to concerns.
- Work with resident directors to resolve issues of student and home campus concern.
- Coordinate incoming exchange student applications and other logistics, including visa information & advice; arrange placement of exchange students; act as the Alternate Responsible Officer (ARO); be up-to-date on all aspects of J-1 visa requirements and regulations; and maintain the SEVIS system for BCA and its students.
- Represent BCA at selected conferences and in visits to partner universities and colleges.
- Other duties as assigned by the BCA Director of Academic Affairs.
- Master’s Degree
- 3-5 years of professional experience in the field of education abroad
- Experience in crisis management and health and safety policies and procedures
- Experience of living, working or studying abroad
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Residency
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High level of flexibility, proven attention to detail, ability to work independently and collaboratively, strong organizational skills
- Strong computer skills including various database systems; strong social science research skills
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel, including evenings and overnights
- Experience with the SEVIS system as RO, ARO, DSO or PDSO
- Experience in marketing and recruitment
- Working knowledge of Terra Dotta application system
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of introduction, a resume, and the names of three current references to hr@BCAStudyAbroad.org:
BCA Study Abroad
50 Alpha Drive
Elizabethtown, PA 17022
The position is open until filled.
BCA Study Abroad is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.